LookupDefaultValueUP for Microsoft® SharePoint®Current version: 1.0.2
LookupDefaultValueUP is a simple but effective feature for SharePoint 2007 / 2010 that allows you to setup default values in lookup fields/columns. The default value can be taken from another list and it's very comfortable when you have the same value in the fields of lookup columns in your list.
The short sample can illustrate how the feature works. We have 'Product' list with lookup column 'Responsible':
The 'Responsible' column has 'John' value in more than 90%. It's lookup column and it's related with 'Employee' list.
Add new item to 'Product' list when LookupDefaultValueUP feature is not activated:
We need to choose the value for 'Responsible' field from dropdown list. As a minimum we just can forget to do it.
And what does happen if LookupDefaultValueUP feature is activated:
We just setup 'John' is default value in our list column settings and the value appears automatically by default:
This example shows the simple usage of LookupDefaultValueUP feature, but if you operate with complicated lookup fields, there are much more cases for using of this feature.
Please note the usage of LookupDefaultValueUP for SharePoint has some limitations:
- the feature can be applied from SharePoint web interface only, not from SharePoint Designer;
- the feature cannot be applies for external lists.
- works with SharePoint 2007 / WSS 3.0 / SharePoint 2010 / 2010 Foundation;
- effective price: USD 99.00 per WFE license;
- one year of maintenance and updates are included in the license.
|Start 30-day FREE trial now|