ListPermissionsUP for Microsoft® SharePoint®Current version: 1.0.11
|Start 30-day FREE testing now|
|Licensing starts from USD 199.00|
Download User manual (PDF, 1.8 Mb)
all customers »
ListPermissionsUP for SharePoint extends the capabilities of permissions management in SharePoint lists.
You can set up the following permissions for the separate users or users groups:
- Hide required columns from a list view.
- Prohibit modification/editing of list item field ('read-only' mode).
'Read-only' mode is applyed in any cases without any exceptions.
- Hide list view form.
ListPermissionsUP can hide list item field information for:
- List standard views. The column which is according to protected filed will be hidden.
- List item edit forms. The protected fields in the form will be hidden.
- List standard views and forms in web-parts.
- Mobile standard list views.
- Content export with standard SharePoint services. The protected fields/columns will be hidden in Microsoft Excel or Microsoft Access.
- Alerts and notifications about list changes sending by email messages.
Specified permissions can be applied both for SharePoint users or groups.
- 'two-clicks' deployment;
- 'one-click' permissions management;
- native solution for SharePoint;
- full compatibility with Microsoft SharePoint 2007 and Microsoft SharePoint 2010;
- effective licensing model based on WFE's number;
- support and version updates are included into the license.
How ListPermissionsUP works
In this sample for Microsof SharePoint 2010, we have Tasks list, there are User note and Priority fields.
The list also has By Assigned To List View. ListPermissionsUP is installed and deployed on the server.
Tasks list has the following appearance in All Tasks List View:
It is possible to find all applicable List Views in dropdown menu:
Moreover, it is possible to watch the list content with Microsoft Access:
- To hide User note field from all users, excluding users from Developers group.
- To prohibit Priority field editing for all users, excluding users from Developers group.
- To hide By Assigned To List View from all users, excluding users from Developers group.
Do it with ListPermissionsUP
1. Open List bookmark in the ribbon. Click Column/View Permissions button:
2. Click User note link at the Permissions for columns and views page.
3. Click Edit Permissions button at the Column Permissions: User note page and confirm the creation of customized permissions list:
4. Mark all groups in the list with the flags, excluding Developers group and click Remove User Permissions button:
5. Chose Priority field in the left listing:
6. Click Edit Permissions button at the Column Permissions: Priority page and confirm the creation of customized permissions list.
7. Mark with the flags all existed groups, excluding Developers group and click Edit User Permissions button:
8. Set the View flag in Edit Permissions: Priority dialog window and click Ok button:
9. Choose By Assigned To view in the left listing and click Edit User Permissions button:
10. Click Edit Permissions button in the ribbon at the View Permissions: By Assigned To page and confirm the creation of customized permissions list.
11. Mark with the flag all groups in the list, excluding Developers group and click Remove User Permissions button.
12. The permission settings are finished. The changes will be active in 5 minutes after they were completed.
1. User note column was hidden in All Tasks table view. The appropriate field will be hidden in the all standard forms of this list.
2. User note field was hidden in Microsoft Access also:
3. Priority field is inaccessible for editing:
4. By Assigned To view disappears from accessible views list. In addition, this view page can not be opened with a direct link.
|Start 30-day FREE trial now|